Kitchen Plumbing Services in Bay Shore & Melville, NY
Is your garbage disposal clogged and emitting a foul odor throughout your kitchen? Does your leaking faucet need to be replaced? Don’t try to fix your garbage disposal or install a new faucet on your own. Call in the experts to ensure the job is done right. Schedule an appointment with our licensed and trained technicians at Retro Hot Water & Heating. We offer same-day services to the Melville, NY area.
Are you using oil at your home? Call us to learn about our oil-to-gas conversion services.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
While your garbage disposal can be convenient when washing dishes, it can also encounter common problems that require professional repairs. These can include:
- Jams: This can occur when inappropriate items — like high-fiber vegetables such as corn husks and carrots — are placed in the disposal.
- Clogs: When clogs occur, professionals may need to take apart the disposal to remove the blockage.
- Loss of power: If you flip the switch and your unit doesn’t start, it can be due to a disrupted or faulty connection. A professional can inspect the unit and make any necessary repairs.
- Noise: Loud or unusual noises can indicate there are metal or hard plastic objects in the appliance.
- Leaking disposal: Leaks can be repaired by a plumber to get the unit working correctly.