Heater Installation & Replacement in Bay Shore & Melville, NY
Is your heater struggling to warm your house, or making odd noises that have you worried it’s not going to make it through the winter? It can be time to replace the aging unit. If you think you need to install a new heater, call our experts at Retro Hot Water & Heating for services in Melville, NY. We offer same-day services and flat-rate pricing!
Does your heater need a tune-up? Contact us to schedule heater repair services.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
Are you not sure if your heater is going to make it through another winter in the New York Metro Area? Some symptoms that can indicate it’s time to install a new unit are:
- If your unit is older and is showing signs of wear and tear, it may be nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs several repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than make the fixes.
- Higher utility bills. If your energy bills are suddenly increasing, it can mean your unit is losing efficiency.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This can be a very dangerous situation for you and your family, as this can lead to a carbon monoxide leak. If you suspect you have a crack, call a heating contractor immediately to inspect the issue.
- Uneven heating. Older units may not be able to warm your home to the desired temperature or they can create uneven heating throughout your house, leaving hot and cold spots.