With the rising cost of energy in today’s world, many consumers are looking for ways to save money. Consumer Reports estimates that a home’s water heater accounts for approximately 30 percent of the residence’s energy consumption. Replacing an old, energy-inefficient water heater with Rinnai tankless water heater might be the cost-saving idea that a homeowner is seeking to save on his home’s monthly energy bill.
Here are 5 of the top benefits of a Rinnai tankless water heater.
- Rinnai tankless water heaters use up to 40 percent less energy than older tank water heaters.
- A tank water heater stores the hot water and relies on costly energy consumption to keep the water constantly heated in the tank. A Rinnai tankless water heater heats water only when water is demanded. The Rinnai tankless water heater further reduces energy consumption by using an electronic ignition, unlike older tank heaters which rely on a standing pilot light.
- The tankless water heater requires very little space in the home, unlike large tank water heaters. Usually, only an area that measures 18.5″ x 26″ x 10″ or smaller is needed to install a Rinnai tankless water heater. The unit’s small size means it can be installed in unconventional places such as crawl spaces or inside walls to keep it out of sight.
- Unlike tank water heaters, a tankless water heater provides limitless hot water. There is no fear of ever running out of hot water midway through a shower. This feature is especially beneficial to large families.
- A Rinnai water heater is an environmentally friendly choice. It uses less water than tank water heaters and produces lower CO2 emissions. The parts are also recyclable.
If you are interested in adding a Rinnai water heater to your home or you would like to discuss the many benefits of a tankless water heater, please contact Water Heaters. Our water heater experts would be happy to discuss all of your water heater needs and options.